Marnie Peters & Co Inc.
Marnie Peters, ICAC-BE, President
724 Ferguson Lake Rd Renfrew, ON K7V 3X7
Marnie Peters & Co. is an Ottawa based firm that offers unique and comprehensive services related to universal design and accessibility.
The firm specializes in major institutional and commercial projects, primarily large, public use facilities and environments.
The firm has extensive experience working collaboratively with multi-faceted design teams in Master Planning exercises, in the development of Accessibility standards and Guidelines, accessibility review of construction drawings, conducting accessibility audits and developing detailed and comprehensive recommendations to ensure facilities are in compliance with accessibility requirements, building code compliance and analysis.
Accessibility Consulting Services:
• Code Compliance and Analysis
• Accessibility Audits of Existing Facilities
• Code Compliance and Accessibility Review of Architectural Drawings
• Development of Accessibility Guidelines and Standards
• Development of Accessibility Compliance Strategies
• Development of project-specific comparative code matrix, accessibility guidelines and/or checklists for use by the design team during the early design phase
• Site visits during and post construction to review accessibility related design elements to ensure compliance and assist with problem solving whenever necessary.
Success Story:Marnie has most recently been a member of the design teams responsible for: • the Master Plan for the re-development of Tunney’s Pasture [the existing Government of Canada 121-acre (49 ha) campus]: accessibility audits to develop building condition reports, development of Accessibility Guidelines for Urban Development • the re-development of the public realm and built facilities of Lansdowne Park [a 18-acre (7.3 ha) historic sports, exhibition and entertainment facility]: accessibility audits of existing facilities, review of construction drawings at 30-60-90 stages, post occupancy accessibility audit of built (stadium, arena, retail, parking), landscape, and urban public realm environments • the development of the above and below ground stations for the new Ottawa LRT system: included review of construction drawings at 30-60-90 stages. • the Ottawa Convention Centre (now Shaw Centre): review of construction drawings at 30-60-90 stages, post occupancy accessibility audit of built, landscape, and urban public realm environments • accessibility audits of Ryerson University: accessibility audits of 32 buildings and all public realm, development of accessibility recommendations, implementation priorities and implementation strategy Other projects:CPCH Hospital, the Ottawa International Airport, CBC Broadcast facilities in Montreal /Toronto, the Museum of Nature, Library and Archives Canada, other government facilities and universities.
Awards, Certificates or Designations
- ICAC-BE: Level 3 Advanced - Internationally Certified Accessibility Consultant
- Certificate of Completion: AODA Accessibility Standard for the Design of Public Spaces