When you think about time and attendance software, you probably think of a software system which is designed to increase time efficiency, reduce costs, maximise profit and also increase security and productivity. Well you are correct, however there is another level that you may not have thought about – Reducing carbon footprint. We spend a lot of time at work so it’s important to bring greener habits from home into the workplace.
Paperless systems, remote staff management and much more efficient use of working hours can all help your company to reduce carbon footprint. Going green can have a huge impact on the environment and taking steps to reduce your carbon footprint plays an essential role in preserving our planet. One of the best ways for companies to become greener is to implement and promote less paper wastage. Softworks time and attendance system will help your employees and company on the way to becoming more environmentally friendly.
Our time and attendance software system is one great leap into less paper wastage for your company. By simply automating your system, you can eliminate the waste that is associated with throwing out paper time cards and time sheets every week. Printed reports, wage documentation and manual shift rosters all add up the amount of paper that your company uses every week. There are other ways you and your organisation can help reduce your carbon footprint in the workplace:
- Install recycling bins
- Use laptops instead of computers
- Power off electronics at night
- Look in to alternative transport – cycling, car-pooling, public transport
- Introduce flexible working so employees can avoid rush hour traffic & work from home
- Think before you print!
Not only will a time and attendance system help reduce your carbon footprint, it will also provide the following benefits:
- Cut costs
- Reduce absenteeism
- Put an end to buddy punching, absenteeism, tardiness, time abuse and overpayment
- Reduce errors
- Increase employee satisfaction
- Develop a stronger company culture
- Create reliable accuracy
- Decrease burden on one person or department
- Make for easier scheduling and compliance
- Promote a better work-life balance